Saturday, April 18, 2009

What the pho?!

A friend of mine just turned me on to an amazing Vietnamese beef noodle soup...Pho! It is delish...pho sho~! I ate it for lunch at my friend's house and then I served it again for dinner. The same day. It MORE than fills you up. And if you make this, you'll be in awe that I could eat it twice in one day, as filling as it is. Here's what's in it. There's really not that much to it...and best of all...it's a very inexpensive, great tasting meal!

Ingredients:

  • 6 c. beef bouillon
  • 1/8 c. minced scallions
  • a splash of rice vinegar
  • 1/4 c. fish sauce
  • 1/4 c fresh springs washed and chopped cilantro
  • (If you eat meat, you can add flank steak, chicken, or shrimp to this soup too!)
Add:
  • chili sauce (add depending on your tastes)
  • soy sauce (add depending on your tastes)
Finish with:
  • rice stick noodles (boil water in a separate pan than the other ingredients...and then toss in your noodles for 30 seconds only, drain, and pour your soup over them in a bowl)
Serve with:
  • lime wedges
Also, for the first time ever, I have started my own little potted garden on my patio. Things are JUST starting to grow, but I'm really, really excited about it!

tomatoes




chili peppers



cilantro


In jewelry news, I am working on more new pieces that feature that amazing vintage brass chain that I got in. I'm designing some new necklaces with it. (Stay tuned for those.) And I just added some new designs with shell and copper. I love the earthy tones of copper. These earrings are modern and chic. I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment